Happy Monday and May the Fourth be with you! LOL, spoken like a true Star Wars mom.
T-minus one day until Cinco so I though it was about time to share my recipe for a lighter aka “skinny” margarita. Truth be told I’m not a huge Margarita fan but I do love me some Tequila. When it comes to my cocktails I prefer them to be crisp and refreshing with a subtle hint of sweetness. I love lots of citrus and I almost always prefer any cocktail that’s topped off with the bubbly effervescence of club soda. So when it comes to my version of a Margarita I keep it simple..LOTS of citrus, Tequila, and soda…that’s it!
If I’m craving a hint of sweet I’ll add 1-2 drops of liquid stevia (agave works well too). And if I’m pulling out all the stops I add Cointreau and line the rim with Tajin.
But truth be told 9 times out of 10, it’s just the juice of a whole lemon, a double shot of tequila blanco (Don Julio is my fav), stir or shake, and top with club soda…trust me, it’s delicious and dangerous…you’ve been warned!
- 1.5 oz Tequila Blanco (large jigger)
- 3/4 oz Cointreau (small jigger) optional
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh lemon and/or lime juice I usually don't measure and use the juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 drops Liquid Stevia optional
- Club Soda I always use Topo Chico or Pellegrino
- Pour 2 tbsp of Tajin into a shallow dish
- Line the rim of a coctail glass with lemon or lime
- Dip the citrus lined rim in Tajin to coat the edge
- Fill Glass with ice
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon or two limes into glass. Or you can combine both lemon and lime.
- Add cointreau, tequila, and agave OR stevia (if using)
- Shake or stir
- Top with club soda