Happy Mother’s Day weekend!
This is one of my most beloved holidays. Not only was I incredibly fortunate to be raised by an extraordinary mother, but I was also fortunate to have been surrounded by the love and influence of a multitude of special women who had a significant impact in my life (and still do). So when it comes to mothers day I love to celebrate those women in any way that I can. Since having kids of my own, one of my favorite ways to do so is with handmade mementos.
When I was living in Colorado that usually meant baking goodies and delivering them to friends and family. Now that we live out of state I try to focus on items we can easily mail. This year the kids and I got to work digging thru our art and craft supplies to send some special keepsakes to our nearest and dearest. I personally love how they turned out and will definitely make them again in the future.
If you’re looking for last minute ideas check out our project below…
Popsicle Stick + Washi Tape Frame
- hot glue gun
- fugi instax mini or polaroid camera (optional)
- 6 popsicle sticks
- 1 roll of washi tape
- photo or hand drawn picture
- hot glue
- Place two popsicles side by side.
- Take a piece of washi tape the lenth of the popsicle sticks and stick it down the center of the two popsicle sticks.
- Repeat with another set of two popsicle sticks.
- Stick a piece of washi tape on the remaining two popsicle sticks leaving a 1/4 inch from each side.
- Place the set of double popsicle sticks on either side of your photo or picture so they are vertically parallel from one another.
- Finish framing the picture wiith the remaining two popsicle sticks by positinoning them where you would like them horizontally.
- Then one at a time, remove each individual popsicle stick and dot it with a small amount of hot glue on the opposite side of the popsicle stick where the tape ends.
- Once both individual pieces are glued to the frame, flip the whole frame over and place a line of hot glue down the center of each set of the double popsicle sticks.
- Add a small amount of glue to secure the picture as well.